Are you looking for an overall guide to know everything about your subject of class 10 and score good grades at the same time? You are at the right place here! Get access to the 10th standard English Exam Pattern and Weightage & more for 2023 by “Sir Academy” Download the Previous year Question papers and get a better understanding of the topics.
Books to refer:
The resources you have and the way you use them determines how well you will Score in your exams.
If you are a CBSE Student, NCERT Textbooks should definitely be on your list. Apart from this, you can refer various study guides namely,
- Xam Idea Complete Course English for CBSE Class 10 by VK GlobalHigh School English Grammar and Composition Book Wren and Martin for Grammar
- All In One English Language & Literature Class 10 by Arihant Experts
- English Communicative by Oswaal School books
For the SSC board, you can refer to your Textbooks, Digest as well the Class notes available to understand and study the concepts thoroughly.
10th standard English Exam Pattern and Weightage 2023:
Being one of the theoretical subjects, this subject needs reading, writing, listening as well as speaking. It is better to start your preparation in advance to score well.
Exam Pattern for English:
There is a single paper of 80 marks for the English subject for CBSE as well as Maharashtra Board SSC. The remaining 20 Marks (internal) are alloted in basis of oral tests, presentation, etc.
English Exam Weightage (SSC & CBSE):
- Reading and Comprehension: 20 Marks
- Writing Skill and Grammar: 20 Marks
- Language through Literature: 40 Marks
- Oral tests/ Presentation: 20 Marks
- Total: 100 Marks
English SSC Syllabus:
- Where the Mind is Without Fear…
- The Thief’s Story
- On Wings of Courage
- All the World’s a Stage
- Joan of Arc
- The Alchemy of Nature
- Three Questions
- The Pulley
- Connecting the Dots
- Let’s March
- Science and Spirituality
- Night of the Scorpion
- The Night I Met Einstein
- Stephen Hawking
- The Concert
- The Will to Win
- Unbeatable Super Mom – Mary Kom
- A Thing of Beauty is a Joy for Ever
- The Luncheon Review
- World Heritage
- The Height of the Ridiculous
- The Old Man and the Sea: Book
- The Gift of the Magic
Grammar and Writing Skill
In order to make sure you score good in your exams, you must keep in mind these general tips
- COVID-19 writing speed as well as focus has affected a lot.
- A lot of writing practice that has to be done by you.
- You must keep a track of your time while solving your mock papers and at the same time try to finish your exam at least 15 minutes early.
- Make sure that your presentation is neat and tidy. The question as well as answers should be in the same order for the examiner’s convenience. Note: If your Examiner is happy and can understand what you have written you have won half the battle.
- Don’t forget to use your reading time wisely before attempting your exam.
- Learn the High Weighted Chapters First Study with the help of Small Goals and reward yourself for the same.
- Make sure to solve mock question papers so you will know more clearly about exam pattern, marking structure, as well as important questions.
To get an overall overview and learn the chapters in detail, visit Sir ACADEMY and book your demo classes today and take a step towards your excellence today! Don’t forget to download our app “SIR ACADEMY” for more such updates!