Are you looking for an overall guide to know everything about your subject of class 10 and score good grades at the same time? You are at the right place here! Get access to the comprehensive Geography class 10 study notes and resources for Maharashtra State Board students and excel in your exams with ease! Download the Previous year Question papers and get a better understanding of the topics.
Geography Class 10 Study Resources:
The resources you have and the way you use them determines how well you will Score in your exams. If you are a CBSE Student, NCERT Textbooks should definitely be on your list. Apart from this, you can refer various Study Guides namely,
- All in One Social Science CBSE Class 10 by ArihantGolden guide for Social Science Sudha Rastogi, S.A. Siddiqui, J.P. Singhal & Dr. Gulshan Rai
- S Chand for Social Science by N.k Chowdhry
- Comprehensive CCE Question Bank by Laxmi Publication.
For the SSC board,you can refer to your Textbooks, Digest as well the Class notes available to understand and study the concepts thoroughly.
Marks weightage for Geography (SSC Board):
- Geography – 28
- Economics – 12
- Total – 40 Marks
Geography SSC Syllabus:
1. Field Visit.
- Field visit meaning and importance
2. Location and Extent-
- India its location extent and boundaries
- Brazil it’s location extended and boundaries
- Historical background of India and Brazil
3. Physiography and drainage
- Physiography of India (Himalayas, North Indian plains, Peninsula, Coastal plains, Islands Groups)
- Physiography of Brazil (Highlands, The Great Escarpment , Coastal regions, Plains, Island Groups)
- Drainage of Brazil (Amazon basin, Paraguay-Parana System, Sao Francisco, Coastal Rivers)
- India Drainage (Himalayan Drainage, Peninsular Rivers, Rivers meeting Bay of Bengal)
- Climate of India & Brazil
- Seasons in India
5. Vegetation and wildlife
- Indian and Brazilian vegetation
- Wildlife of India & Brazil
- Population in India and Brazil
- Comparison of population composition between India and Brazil (Sex Ratio, Age and Sex pyramid, Population Growth rate, Life Expectancy, Literacy Rate)
7. Human Settlements
- Settlement patterns in India and Brazil
- Urbanization in India and Brazil
8. Economy and occupations
Activities in Brazil and India (Agriculture, Mining and fishing)-Industries and trade in Brazil and India
9. Transport, Tourism and communication
- Tourism in India and Brazil
- Transportation in India and Brazil
- Development of communication in Brazil
- Communication in India (personal Communication, Mass communication and communication through satellite)
General Exam Tips to consider:
In order to make sure you score good in your exams, you must keep in mind these general tips
- COVID-19 writing speed as well as focus has affected a lot.
- A lot of writing practice that has to be done by you.
- You must keep a track of your time while solving your mock papers and at the same time try to finish your exam at least 15 minutes early.
- Make sure that your presentation is neat and tidy.
- The question as well as answers should be in the same order for the examiner’s convenience. Note: If your Examiner is happy and can understand what you have written you have won half the battle.
- Don’t forget to use your reading time wisely before attempting your exam.
- Learn the High Weighted Chapters First
- Study with the help of Small Goals and reward yourself for the same.
- Make sure to solve mock question papers so you will know more clearly about exam pattern, marking structure, as well as important questions.
We hope these complete Geography class 10 study notes and resources for Maharashtra State Board students were useful. To get an overall overview and learn the chapters in detail, visit SIR ACADEMY and book your demo classes today and take a step towards your excellence today! Don’t forget to download our app “SIR ACADEMY” for more such updates!