Are you looking for an overall guide to know everything about your subject of class 10 and score good grades at the same time? You are at the right place here! Get access to the most required Science 1 class 10 exam study material as well as Exam Preparation guide drafted for you exclusively by “Sir Academy.” Download the Previous year Question papers and get a better understanding of the topics.
Textbooks to refer:
The resources you have and the way you use them determines how well you will Score in your exams. If you are a CBSE Student, NCERT Textbooks should definitely be on your list. Apart from this, you can refer various textbooks such as,
- Science for 10th Class- Physics, Biology and Chemistry by Lakhmir Singh and Manjit Kaur
- Principles of Physics S Chand by N.K Chowdhry
- Fundamentals of Physics by Pradeep publication
For the SSC board, you can refer to your Textbooks, Digest as well the Class notes available to understand and study the concepts thoroughly.
Unit Wise weightage:
There is a single paper of 80 marks for the Science subject for CBSE as well as Maharashtra Board SSC. The remaining 20 Marks (internal) are alloted in basis of oral tests, practicals, etc.
Science 1 class 10 exam study material & syllabus:
Being one of the most important as well as practical subjects, this subject needs constant practice, understanding as well as revision . Also, it is better to start your preparation in advance to score well. Following mentioned is the Exam Pattern for Science
- Motion & Rest
- Uniform Circular Motion
- Kepler’s Law
- Newton’s Universal Law of Gravitation
- Mass & Weight of an Object
- Gravitational Potential Energy
2. Periodic Classification of Elements
- History and Classification of Elements
- Dobereiner’s Triads
- Newlands law of Octave
- Mendeleev’s Periodic Table
- Modern Periodic Table
- Periodic Properties
3. Chemical Reactions & Equation
- Chemical Reactions
- Balancing Chemical Equation
- Types Of Chemical Reaction
- Corrosion of Metals & its Prevention
- Rancidity of Food & its Prevention
4. Effects of Electric Current
- Electric Circuit
- Ohm’s Law
- Joule’s law
- Electric power
- Effects of electric current (heating and magnetic)
- Electric fuse
- Direction of magnetic force
- Electric motor
- Electromagnetic induction
- Faraday’s law of electromagnetic induction
- AC & DC
- Electric generator
- Latent heat and specific latent heat
- Anomalous expansion of water
- Heat and its unit
- Specific heat capacity
- Hot and cold objects
- Measurement of heat
6. Refraction of light
- Refraction of light
- Light through rectangular glass slab
- Refraction of light law
- Refractive index
- Application of atmospheric refraction
- Person of light through prism and formation of spectrum
- Internal reflection
- Spherical lens & Images formed by spherical lens
- Image formation due to refraction through convex and concave lens
- Lens formula & Power of lens
- Magnification due to spherical lens
- Human eye and its structure
- Working of human eye
- Eye defects and its correction myopia and hypermetropia and presbyopia
- Metal and its types physical and chemical properties
- Electrovalent or ionic bond
- Metals reactivity series
- Metallurgy and extraction of metals
- Types of separation or concentration of an ore
- Aluminium extraction
- Corrosion of metals and its prevention
- Refining metals
9. Carbon Compounds
- Classification of carbon compounds
- Covalent bond it’s type and formation
- Special features of carbon
- Chain branches and rings of carbon compounds
- Functional groups and Homologous series of carbon compound
- Nomenclature of organic compounds, hydrocarbons, other classes
- Chemical properties of carbon compound
- Ethanol ethanoic acid macromolecules and polymers
10. Space Mission
- Space mission
- Satellites and its type
- Orbits of artificial satellite
- Satellite launching
- Space machines away from the Earth
- India’s space programs Chandrayaan-1 Chandrayaan-2, Mangalyaan and mission to other planets
- Space technology and India
- Space debris and Management
General exam tips to consider
In order to make sure you score good in your exams, you must keep in mind these general tips
- COVID-19 writing speed as well as focus has affected a lot.
- A lot of writing practice that has to be done by you.
- You must keep a track of your time while solving your mock papers and at the same time try to finish your exam at least 15 minutes early.
- Make sure that your presentation is neat as well as tidy.
- The question as well as answers should be in the same order for the examiner’s convenience. Note: If your Examiner is happy and can understand what you have written you have won half the battle.
- Don’t forget to use your reading time wisely before attempting your exam.
- Learn the High Weighted Chapters First.
- Study with the help of Small Goals and reward yourself for the same.
- Make sure to solve mock question papers so you will know more clearly about exam pattern, marking structure, as well as important questions.
To get an overall overview and learn the chapters in detail, visit Sir ACADEMY and book your demo classes today and take a step towards your excellence today! Don’t forget to download our app “SIR ACADEMY” for more such updates!